We are proud to be able to offer a Industry leading variety of high quality and certified woodchip and pellets.
Working with you we offer a quality woodchip with the guaranteed moisture content that your boiler requires, so your boiler runs with maximum efficiency, less ash and less maintenance time, whilst saving you money.
Our products include:
All our roundwood is sourced locally, taking great care for the environment and keeping disturbance of the habitat of our woodlands to a minimum.
Our team of foresters are out Harvesting, Managing and Purchasing years ahead of the coming seasons to ensure our stock levels stay to a maximum.
Our sales team can arrange to visit you and discuss some of the benefits in changing from a softwood chip, (currently being provided by all fuel suppliers within our region), to a mixed or hardwood chip where you can expect 16-32% more energy per delivery, making big savings for your premises.
We are approved by the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) Biomass Suppliers List (BSL) for both wood chip and wood pellet products.
Shakestones Bulk Blown Homefire Woodpellets
Consistently high quality pellets are critical to maintaining the optimum performance of your boiler. At Shakestones we take our product quality very seriously, and follow strict quality control procedures throughout every stage of the manufacturing and delivery processes. A full detailed analysis of wood pellets purchased from all manufacturers is carried out on a regular basis to ensure that the pellets we supply meet the standards expected of the ENPlusA1 accreditation.
1. Only clean timber in the form of sawdust, woodchip, or wood in the round is used to make wood pellets
2. The raw material is screened to remove any unwanted materials such as bark
3. During the manufacturing process pellets are tested on a regular basis for:
- Density greater than 600kg per m3Moisture content less than 10%
- Mechanical strength greater than 97.5%
- Dust levels less than 1%
4. Finished pellets are tested at an accredited ENPlus laboratory for:
- Ash content less than 0.7%
- Ash melting temperature at least 1200C
- Calorific value at least 4900kWh per tonne
- Less than specified weight of trace metals arsenic, cadmium, chromium, lead, mercury, nickel, copper, zinc
5. Pellets that do not meet the quality standards are removed and segregated. These pellets have alternative uses such as animal bedding.
6. Pellets are filtered to reduce any accumulated dust before being bagged or loaded into delivery tankers.
Shakestones Blown Pellets are supplied and delivered by CPL Industries
Shakestones Bagged Homefire Woodpellets
98 x 10kg bags of Homefire Premium 6mm Wood Pellets
These premium grade ENPlusA1 wood pellets conform to the highest quality standards in the market, with an extremely low moisture and ash content, making them ideal for use on wood pellet boilers and stoves. Buying a full pallet of wood pellets means they are great value for money. They’re also supplied in easy to handle 10kg bags which mean they’re easier to store wherever you like.
Manufactured in the UK.
Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certified wood pellets from well-managed woodlands
ENPlusA1 quality standard. The highest quality pellets available, helping to ensure a fantastic performance and a longer life for your appliance, as recommended by leading boiler manufacturers
BSL Certified: Meet all Government sustainability criteria making users eligible to receive RHI payments
- ENPlusA1 grade wood pellets
- BSL authorised supplier
- FSC® Certified Wood from Well-Managed Woodland
- Low ash content <0.7%
- Low dust content <1%
- Low moisture content <10%
- High ash melting temperature >1200°C
- Made from virgin wood
Shakestones Bagged Pellets are supplied and delivered by CPL Industries